Thursday, January 5, 2006

An interesting Mail/Comment from a friend of mine on inaugorating my page

An interesting Mail/Comment from a friend of mine on inaugorating my page
My dear Rizwan Saheb: Ur site does not open. I will try it later. may be there is some local problem as everytime I click it the reply comes back that page was not available.Late Dr Taseer, (father of Salman Taseer Editor of Daily Times and owner of Business Plus TV channel) wrote half a century ago:Khat main likhey huay ranjish key piam aatey hainKis kiamat key yeh namey merey naam aatey hain.I use to write a column in an Urdu newspaper of Quetta in my early days of journalism. some body with a name similar to me advertised in the same newspaper for "Zaroorat-e-Rishta" and letters started pouring in that were delivered by the advertisement section to me as they had lost the address of the original advertiser. Some of the offers were tempting.So to explain the situation I captioned my next colum by changing the couplet slightly as under:Khat main likhey huay shaadi key piam aateyhainKiss kiamat key yeh naamey merey naam aatey hain.I hope you r not flooded by offers in respone to ur Mini Website. Or it is what prompted u to establish the site?I have seen ur mail asking me for something on H R. Do u mean HUman Rights. If that be so u can phone Mr Shujjah Ullah on 4445748. He is a former journalist and until two years ago the local representative of the Pakistan Human Rights Commission at ISB. He still has connections there and please convey my regards to him and ask him for any help or explanation that u require.My regards to your cousin who is in the FO and I met him during the last visit (I forget his name).Alsomy regards to Mr Mian Munir if u meet him at the Briefings. I have not talked to him since I left ISB. Even during my last visit I could not pin him down.Regards, Mehmud

No comments: